Friday, June 16, 2006

STAY OUT OF MY ROOM!

Folks, I fear I have an interloper in blogland.

I was talking to my Mom the other night about Joy's post (The Day of Nolan) and she came out with "so I suppose you have a blog, too", which I replied quickly with "Uh, no. Huh-uh." She's like "Oh come on now!" which, after having her as my mother for 32 years, I recognize from a mile away as her "don't give me that shit" tone. I came back with "No, really, I just don't have enough to say." And after that I got about 90 seconds of nothing, which I know to interpret as, "I know you're lying, but I don't want to get into it, so I'm going to drown you with silence."

Now, there's really not anything on here that's too incriminating (though I've blogged about plenty that I'm not necessarily proud of), but I still haven't told many people in the outside world about this, mainly because the more people I tell, the less open I can be. I've really limited this to people who know me well and accept me for who I am, hangovers, work rants and all.

1 comment:

Dissident Sister said...

How perfect is it that this post comes directly above one about binge drinking and dollar-store nutritionizing?