Wednesday, March 21, 2007

What I'm Up To

I can't figure out how to add that wiget like Joy has on her blog that lists all the stuff I'm into right now, so I'm just going to add it here:

First of all, I love hyperlinks. I try to find an excuse to use them in almost every personal email. They're so fun and interactive.

I'm reading Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis. I don't think a lot of people get why I like him and Jay McInerney as much as I do, so I rarely recommend them. I've devoured everything BEE has written, but it's taken me a year and a half to finally get into this. Now I'm crazy about it. It combines a lot of elements from past books, so if you're a fan, it's a real payoff.

I'm listening to Money Mark's new album, Brand New By Tomorrow. He's the keyboardist for the Beasties. It's a lot different than what you think he'd do. For one thing, he sings on it. I'm not on board with everything on there, but there's some stuff worth checking out. My friend and drum teacher, John, played on the Japanese version.

Watching: way too much TV. I'm on the fence about getting rid of cable. I should keep it to keep up with Comedy Central, but it sucks me in way too easily.

Thinking: I need a vacation. I'm seriously fried from work and the anger and tension has built up to where it's affecting me after hours. I'm going to AZ this weekend to see my Dad, which is good since I really need to get away. A simple weekend just isn't doing it anymore.

Cooking - I want to try Larb. It's Thai and really good at Toi, one of my favorite places in LA. You can make it with different meats, but I like it with ground beef. It uses a lot of lime juice and spices. I still haven't figuered out what you eat it with (bread? crackers?) but it's really tasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Larb is delicious and it is pretty good in taco shells.