Monday, February 06, 2006

Puppy Bowl II


Ok, I'm blatantly copying my friend Todd, who just blogged about this on My Space, but it's worth spreading to the masses, so WTF.

Animal Planet came up with the genius idea to counter-program against the Super Bowl using a show that features puppies. Yup, just puppies. Puppies playing on a mock football field with toys, specifically. And when they piddle, a ref enters and throws a flag down (their version of a penalty) and cleans it up. I discovered it last year as I was cleaning my place to have a couple of friends over to watch the game. I was flipping channels near MTV to find some music and there it was - Puppy Bowl. I was transfixed, and as my friends and I watched the "real" event, we found ourselves changing back more and more.

It's too damn cute for words and, I swear, feeds my soul.

1 comment:

She said...

Oh man. I wonder if it's possible to die from cute. If so, this would do it. And did you watch the Kitty Halftime Show? O. M. G.