Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What are you TALKing about?!

So, a certain guy who I may or may not have mentioned on here just pulled a doozy.

For my own sanity, I'd kept my distance from him since the holidays because, quite frankly, I was tired of being dicked around. And not in the good way.

So we talked last week briefly, the first time in a while, at which point he stressed that he was "absurdly horny". Direct, sure, but flirty all the same.

I invited him to my bday shindig, which he responded to quickly.....with a +1. So I sent him an AIM with, "hiya, who ya bringin?" Here's how he replied:

[17:05] ME: who ya bringin?
[17:06] Idiot: well....i was gonna talk to you about that
[17:06] Idiot: ive been seeing someone.....
[17:07] Idiot: and i was wondering if it woudl be ok with you to bring her
[17:08] Idiot: annnnnnd....silence
[17:08] ME: are you serious?
[17:08] Idiot: um
[17:08] Idiot: yes?
[17:09] Idiot: i am now feeling retarded
[17:09] ME: yeah, I think that's a bad idea
[17:10] Idiot: ok
[17:10] Idiot: im sorry
[17:10] ME: no worries
[17:10] ME: I just think it's inappropriate
[17:10] Idiot: ok
[17:10] Idiot: im wickedly embarrased
[17:12] ME: well.....
[17:21] ME: in fact, and not to sound like a dick, but I think it's best that you don't come at all
[17:22] Idiot: ok
[17:22] Idiot: fair enough
[17:22] Idiot: again...im sorry
[17:23] ME: hey, there's nothing to apologize for

I ask you, can you beLIEVE that shit?!

Now, by no means were we serious or together or even dating, really, unless you count a bunch of nights hanging out in bars and drunken hookups as such, but you know, there was somewhat of a courting period, and that one night when I stayed over and he fell asleep...holding my hand and smiling, which is when I stupidly started to care.

But I mean....REALLY.


To my mutherF*&#*@$ birthday party!

4 comments:

Zach said...

Why do people suck so?

And by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

thptpth said...

May I quote Homer Simpson?

"Here's to alcohol: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

Don't worry about him, Rose, boys are dumb.

She said...

Un-FREAKING-believable. In what dimension did his plan make sense? Obviously not the one the rest of us are living in. I'm sorry, Wen. Happy birthday in spite of the dick.

Electric Mayhem said...

Let me just clarify something, all. I wasn't posting this because I was a big boo-hooy mess over him, and it certainly had nothing to do with alcohol, Joy. Frankly, I'm glad this happened because it finally got me to shake him off. I shared this because sometimes people are such retarded, inconsiderate, demented shits that it's funny. Really, I've gotten a good laugh over this.

That said, I appreciate your support.