Sunday, May 07, 2006

Crazy

Ok, new band time. On the advice of my drum teacher, I gave Gnarls Barkley a listen. Since it's one-half Danger Mouse (who brought us the infamous "Grey" album), it's got the pedigree of a supergroup.

Needless-to-say, it blew my mind. I could say that it's like sampled soul music, but that doesn't even scratch the surface (this is why I could never be a rock critic). It's got similar qualities of Platinum Pied Pipers, who I blogged about in November, but produced in a way that makes me feel like it's completely new. Their single out right now (and my new ringtone) is "Crazy".

Check it out and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Zach said...

Crazy has been getting some serious radio play up here lately, and it featured briefy on Best Week Ever a few weeks back, too. I haven't listened to the entire album yet, but seems you're not alone in your review.
Ha ha ha Bless your soul